29 August 2008

Hello from Virginia!

It's been a long time since my lost blog. Time to blog is practically non-existent for me for the time being. Our schedule is full, and when we're not attending a session or a special class our children are our priority.

Here is a quick update: I love it here! Our family, along with other families and single adults are attending an orientation to field (overseas) ministry. The training that we are receiving (including our 4 children) is phenomenal to say the very least. We live in a quad with 3 other families . . . each of us having our own apartment, with a joined living area. We eat meals together at a cafeteria. Our children attend a special school designed just for them while we attend sessions from the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Our quadmates, in addition to 4 singles, make up our small group. On Sunday mornings we meet together, worship and have time in God's Word together. We are all currently going through the book of Acts (go figure, as we are preparing for church planting abroad). It is a great place for prioritizing, learning, fellowhsip and prayer.

On a more personal note, we have been doing very well. The children have transitioned well to the new environment here, and seem to be thriving and sleeping well. We've had illnesses here and there (please pray for Joseph who has been the sickest).

I will be posting in the next day or so some specific prayer requests. I also hope to soon post pictures, and some general information on things we have been learning here. I'm also conspiring a post entitled "Get Over It" - - I'm just needing to work on being a little more tactful!!! I'd also like to blog about witnessing experiences I've had off campus.
May you abound in the richness of the glory of our God! May you rejoice with each new day that we are given to walk in fellowship with Him!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello back, Kerri!

I am so delighted to hear that everyone at home is doing fine! Wow, exciting times... I'm excited just reading what you guys get to learn and be put through!

God bless you and everyone at home for doing this! Please feel free to post the prayer requests; I'll definitely be keeping you all in my prayers.

The good Lord bless and keep you safe.

Isaiah

Cynda said...

We're praying for you! Glad transition is going so well!